Our hotel network deployments are among our most intricate, with a wide array of services being carried over a single infrastructure.
- Back-office systems, EPOS hardware and line-of-business software
- Centralised keycard access, controllable by hotel staff
- Managed public guest WiFi access delivering access to hundreds of simultaneous users at functions and weddings, and extended coverage to all rooms, with appropriate site surveying carried out where required
- CCTV access with networked storage and external monitoring access
- Fibre infrastructure linking multiple external hotel buildings back to central network
- Networked EPOS till systems with centralised product pricing storage and end-of-day reporting functionality
- Phone system for back-office and guest bedrooms with limitations/billing for guest extensions, call queues and wallboarding for reception desks
- Building Management Systems (BMS) integration
Given the convergence of guest users and internal staff usage along this infrastructure, network traffic is segregated at the hardware level both for reasons of data security and for guaranteeing bandwidth to key hotel systems during busy usage periods.
Delivery of each of these elements in any project involves close collaboration with vendors and installers, keeping centralised documentation on all components and involvement in any ongoing change management. Stem Systems are regarded as a trusted partner by a number of hotels in maintaining this key infrastructure and co-ordinating third party services.